Suzette Marquez Leonardo
- Former Deputy Pima County Attorney
- Former Tucson Assistant City Prosecutor
- Law Clerk to Presiding Family Law Judge, Pima County Superior Court
- Graduated Law School with Family & Juvenile Law Juris Doctorate Certificate
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP, Legal Writing Intern
- State of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- University of Arizona, Journalism, with minor in Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Arizona Bar Association
- Pima County Bar Association
Suzette Marquez Leonardo graduated from The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law. As a former prosecutor for both the city of Tucson and Pima County, Suzette has tried numerous bench trials (before a judge) and jury trials in both misdemeanor and felony cases.
Suzette’s work as a prosecutor provided her with training and courtroom experience that most defense attorneys never get. This experience, and the perspective it provided, serves her well while defending clients in criminal cases, but it also provides the courtroom skills that propel her family law practice.
While in law school, Suzette served as vice-president of the Family Law & Juvenile Association at the College of Law. In addition, Suzette earned her Family and Juvenile Law Juris Doctorate Certificate by demonstrating academic proficiency in the family law courses she completed and engaging in interdisciplinary studies through clinical courses, which gave her hands-on experience in family law matters. This included judicial clerkships with family law judges. Upon graduation, Suzette was hired as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable James E. Marner, the then-presiding family law Judge, who also sat on the criminal law bench during her clerkship.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Suzette was a professional singer and actress. Her experience as a performer translates to the courtroom and makes her unique as a trial lawyer. Suzette earned her bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a minor in Spanish language from The University of Arizona. She is a native Spanish speaker. She is admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the District of Arizona.